I have been using sulfate-free shampoo and conditioners for a while now. In the past, I have used foreign brands like Bodyshop Rainforest range, L’oreal, Kiehl, etc. But in recent times, I have realized there are some really good hair products available in the market which perform well and are Made in India. So I thought it would be a good idea to share some of these hidden gems with more people.
I have created this list of sulfate-free shampoos, available and made in India to help you with my experience.
Why switch to sulfate-free shampoo?
See my story to learn why I switched to using sulfate-free and silicone-free conditioners. The options were limited when I started this journey. The Indian hair care industry has evolved, and a lot of quality products are available in the market now. For the most part, these are cruelty-free and are not tested on our furry friends.
Sulfate-free shampoo available in India
I have split this section based on the price range. You can explore options based on your budget.
For some products, there are multiple variants present. I have tried to capture as many as I could find. You can look around for other variants to find your best fit.
I will keep updating this list as and when I come across a new product to include.
Sulfate-free shampoo Available in India Within INR 500
- Prakriti Herbals Revitalising Hibiscus Aloevera Shampoo
- Prakriti Herbals Hydrating Aloevera Silk Protein Shampoo
- Rustic Art Aloe Clary Sage Shampoo
- Ryaal Onion Fusion Intense Clarity Shampoo
- The Moms Co. Natural Protein Shampoo
- Mamaearth Onion Hair Fall Shampoo
- Mamaearth Happy Heads Natural Protein Hair Shampoo
- StBotanica Biotin & Collagen Volumizing Hair Shampoo – even though the price of this is 599, it is generally available in 499 on Amazon
- RE’ EQUIL Hair Fall Control Shampoo
- RE’ EQUIL Dandruff Control Shampoo
- Plum Olive & Macadamia Healthy Hydration Shampoo
- Biotique Bio Kelp Protein Shampoo
- Soultree Revitalizing shampoo
- WOW Apple Cider Vinegar No Parabens & Sulphate Shampoo
- WOW Coconut Milk Shampoo
- WOW Hair Strengthening No Parabens & Sulphate Shampoo
- mCaffeine Naked Detox Green Tea Shampoo
- Body Cupid Biotin and Argan Oil Shampoo– contains silicones so not CG friendly
List of sulfate-free shampoo available in India within INR 1000
- Khadi Global Moroccan Argan Hair Shampoo
- The Nature’s Co. Apple-Guava Hair Cleanser
- The Nature’s Co WATERCRESS HAIR CLEANSER
- The Nature’s Co HIBISCUS ANTI DANDRUFF HAIR CLEANSER
- Just Herbs Lush Methi Shikakai Shampoo
- Just Herbs Silky Strength Aloevera Wheatgerm Moisturising Shampoo
- Just Herbs Dandruff Control Ayurvedic Soya Protein Shampoo
- Just Herbs 8 in 1 Root Nourishing Amla Neem Shampoo
- Vilvah goatmilk shampoo
- Juicy Chemistry Organic Baobab, Guava Leaf & Tea Tree for Anti-HairFall & Dandruff Control Shampoo
- Juicy Chemistry apple cider vinegar argan & ylang ylang organic Shampoo
- Omved hydrating shampoo
- Omved hair scalp purifying shampoo
Most of the above brands have associated conditioners too. Moreover, you should use silicone-free conditioners with sulfate-free shampoo as sulfate-free shampoo can’t remove build as effectively as their sulfate laded counterparts.
Want to explore conditioners to pair with above shampoos?
I have created a list of silicone-free and gentle conditioners that you can pair with any of the above shampoos.
Want me to include your favourite sulfate-free shampoo in the list? Let me know in the comments and I will update this list.